Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dry Shampoo - Dirty Little Secret




A few months ago I discovered a not-so-secret secret. Apparently, I was just in the dark. For years I was always jealous of the women with thick beautiful voluminous tousled hair who would casually toss out that they really only washed it every three days! What?!? My fine thin limp hair barely made it to the end of the work day before it started hazing over and clumping. After reading more and more articles and online reviews and finally being handed a can from my hairdresser neighbor, I took the plunge. Now I can’t imagine my life without it, I can be so dirty AND lazy, it is a dream come true for beauty slackers everywhere. The trick I discovered after some trial and error is that you should spray it on immediately to your freshly dried hair after washing, this way the oil never has a chance to grab hold of your precious locks and instead is immediately absorbed. I also spray a nice coat on before bed each night to keep the greasy griminess at bay. Now, don’t get me wrong - by day three, I’m ready for a wash, but not because my hair looks dirty, I just feel gross, and likely worked out that day, so I need to shower.

A little disclaimer: women with darker hair may like the brown-tinted versions because the regular spray may leave a white chalky residue. However, making sure to give the can a few good shakes remedies this somewhat, also brushing your hair out - and most likely, sleeping on it - will solve the issue for the most part.

I have tried out a bunch of different offerings, it is definitely a personal chemistry thing, what works best for me may be the worst for you, but I didn’t have any luck with the drugstore brands, sigh, and instead hit up Ulta for all my dry shampooing needs, my three top contenders are pictured.



No comments:

Post a Comment