Sunday, October 28, 2012

Making Waves - A Hair Curling How To


I have had a few requests for how I make my super straight hair wavy, so here is a picture step-by-step. 

Supplies:
1 in. Curling Iron
The Best Hair Spray Ever!
Clips

  1. Start with completely dry hair, this is my fresh out of the shower two minute blow dry, no need for fancy brush tricks.
  2. I grab the very first front piece of my hair and start wrapping the top of my hair around the top of the barrel away from my face. Notice I don't close the clamp, and yes you just stand there holding the end and count to thirty or so.
  3. See the nice curl? It should look like that once you release.
  4. Now I pull back the top layer and secure with a clip. (Sometimes I skip this and just grab chunks, it's up to you and your skill level)
  5. Make your way all around the bottom layer with approx. 1 inch chunks until you get to the back of your head. Always wrap your hair in the direction away from your face.
  6. Release the clip and do the same with the top layer, it will be easy to sort the straight chunks out from the curled chunks underneath.
  7. Get as far around the back as possible so hopefully you will meet both sides in the back.
  8. Start the same process on the other side of your head and repeat all the same steps.
  9. There is always a sneaky hiding piece in the back!
  10. Make sure to point the curling iron down in the back your arm might get a little tired but don't drop is sideways or the curls look odd.
  11. Smile at your patient and silly husband and let you know appreciate his help.
  12. Once all the pieces have been curled, separate them by gently pulling them apart.
  13. Tszuj!!!
  14. A little bit of hairspray to keep things in place.
  15. Immediate results, mine tends to settle after an hour or so, to not be as precise and a little more be beachy.

FOXY!

I combine this look with my dry shampoo regimen and get at least two days, if not three, of wavy hair wear. The second day looks much more relaxed and tousled, which I actually prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment